England’s deepest lake and the focal point of one of the Lake District’s most striking vistas, Wastwater is best known for its rugged screes – the rocky cliff faces that plummet into the water along the east bank. With its inky blue waters and backdrop of craggy peaks, including Red Pike, Great Gable and Scafell Pike, England’s highest Mountain, it’s easy to see why the remote lake was named “Britain's Favorite View” back in 2007.
The main activity at Wastwater is hiking and a network of trails run along the waterfront and out into the surrounding mountains and Wasdale Valley, or else it’s possible to rent a kayak or canoe to cruise around the lake (sailing and motor boats are banned).
Should I book Wastwater tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Wastwater 2021?
What's the best way to experience Wastwater?
- The High Adventure: Full Day Mountain Goat High Mountain Passes Tour
- High Adventure Day Tour from Keswick
- Scafell Pike - Guided Walk
- Private Hire - The High Adventure Tour
Things to do near Lake District
- Things to do in Keswick
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in South East Ireland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England