Top South East England Historical Tours
140 results | All South East England Tours
* A traveler said: "The guide Elizabeth brought Morse’s Oxford to life. She was very knowledgeable & entertaining. Thoroughly enjoyable."
* A traveler said: "What a beautiful place and we were shown round by the most excellent tour guide, so informative / knowledgeable not only about Inspector Morse etc but also about Oxford.. shame it didn't go on for longer..."
* A traveler said: "A very informative tour, we learnt lots of interesting snippets about Oxford from how it got its name to interesting alumni from the university. Lucy was very knowledgeable and very enthusiastic."
* A traveler said: "We attended the Harry Potter tour at the weekend and my daughter loved it. Peter was extremely knowledgeable and ensured it remained fun for all. Including myself who knows nothing about Harry Potter! Would recommend to all, regardless of your potter knowledge."
* A traveler said: "I enjoyed all places. It was very good!!, the guide was very friendly and told us very interesting things about the places."
* A traveler said: "Excellent walking tour with a really friendly and extremely knowledgeable guide. Thoroughly enjoyed this tour."
* A traveler said: "A very small group - schedule was adjusted to accommodate a request - guide was personable, knowledgeable and professional. A thoroughly enjoyable day, capped off with an unexpected drop off at our hotel!"
* A traveler said: "Me and my friends had a good time walking around Canterbury and being told stories and it’s very rich history of the place. Our tour guide Sam was very accommodating, approachable and informative. We’ll be back for sure."
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour - we were very lucky to be the only ones on the tour, which selfishly was fantastic! We learnt so much. We would highly recommend Heidi she is personable, knowledgeable and bubbly! Thank you"
* A traveler said: "A great two hour walking tour of Winchester taking in the sites and having a really interesting history lesson."
* A traveler said: "Excellent bike tour with Trisha-nice & leisurely ride, just perfect for us. Trisha was very knowledgeable about the area & history. Would definitely recommend this trip."
* A traveler said: "John was interesting and entertaining. A great introduction to Oxford, despite the rain! Fascinating back stories to the colleges."
* A traveler said: "I had a wonderful time on this tour. Laurence has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the Monolithic sites throughout Wiltshire, England. I highly recommend this tour. You won't be disappointed!"
* A traveler said: "This was the best tour we’ve ever been on! Peter was amazing! You will not regret booking this tour- so many fun facts! If we would of been thinking straight we would of just followed Peter to his next tour destination. It really was such a lovely tour I can’t say enough about how great it was!"
* A traveler said: "Driver/guide was very knowledgeable and friendly, as well as a very safe driver. A little cramped for time in Bath, but overall an excellent tour."
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Manrico (our guide) was excellent, he kept everyone informed at every step, willing to answer any questions. Everything was really well organised, it started and ended on time. Coming back the driver was kind enough to stop on the way to let people out closer to where they live, which was really helpful. We definitely recommend this tour and the agent to anyone, and we will use their services in the future."
* A traveler said: "Ed and David were friendly, knowledgeable, and so accommodating. Our train was running late so they adapted quickly to pick us up from the train station. We really enjoyed the beautiful little towns and all of the information we learned about them. Ed and David are a great pair who have the ability to play off of each other making the trip very interesting. They were great at adapting their information to include more about the things we asked about. We would highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "We originally booked this tour to skip the queue at Christchurch. However, the tour provided much more than this single benefit. Our excellent guide, Andrew, led us on a walk around the city, highlighting (as promised) many literary topics associated with Oxford - like Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland and C. S. Lewis. We also saw the architecture of Oxford through a local lens. Andrew had an ideal mix of knowledge, humor and willingness to help us get the best possible experience. Best of all - he offered to take multiple photos for us at scenic spots along the way. We highly recommend this tour to others."
* A traveler said: "David and Isabelle were gracious, knowkedfeable, friendly and full of interesting details of everything we saw. They were well worth every farthing and we highly recommend this tour"
* A traveler said: "Ian Mowbray-Williams was the most amazing guide After picking our family up at our hotel he took us to little hidden gems, stopped for priceless family photographs and was the highlight of our 18 day trip! He truly listened and conformed this day to our specific desires. We would highly recommend this tour and most especially this guide !"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ashmolean Museum
- Carfax Junction
- Oxford Town Hall
- Chessington World of Adventures Resort
- Jane Austen Centre
- Leeds Castle
- Port of Southampton
- New Forest National Park
- The Look Out Discovery Centre
- Bletchley Park
- All Souls College
- Dover Castle
- University of Oxford
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- St. George’s Chapel
- Canterbury Cathedral
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in North West England