- Day trip to Athabasca Glacier from Banff
- Gaze at the stunning glaciers and remnants of the last ice age
- Enjoy breathtaking views along the Icefields Parkway
- Go on an exciting, optional all-terrain onto the glacier
Departure & Return
All guests must wait at the public bus parking located behind the Mount Royal Hotel at 138 Banff Ave. You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Sit back and enjoy the ride along the Icefields Parkway, one of the world’s most stunning scenic drives. Because you don’t have to navigate or watch the road, this tour lets you focus on the amphitheatre of mountains towering above. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife at the edges of the forest.
Dig into a hearty mountain picnic and take a photo stop at Bow Lake, one of the largest lakes in Banff National Park, against the backdrop of the Crowfoot Glacier.
Climb aboard the Ice Explorer (a 6-wheeled behemoth of a vehicle) and drive across the surface of this glittering sheet of ice. Getting thirsty? You have a chance to drink pure, cold water straight from the glacier. You also walk the glass floor Glacier Skywalk, hanging from the edge of the Sunwapta Valley, for unparalleled views of the canyon below and mountains around you.
Please note: This tour is seasonal, operating April through October.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates do not include lunch
- Early and late season road / trail closures may limit access to some areas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Banff Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff.