6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Tackle Rat’s Nest Cave, located near Canmore, Alberta, on this all-day adventure tour. After being outfitted with your gear, head out on a short hike up to the cave. Along the way, learn how caves are formed and the geologic history of the area, plus possibly spot bighorn sheep. Once at the cave, rappel down 59 feet (18 meters) and begin navigating the route, which includes some challenging sections that involve climbing, crawling, squeezing, and sliding through the cave. At the end, reach the grotto with its crystal-clear pool and stalactites and stalagmites.
- Challenge yourself with the adventurous guided cave exploration tour
- Keep in mind: caving is a moderately strenuous activity, not suited for all
- The uphill mountain trail to the cave is considered a moderate-grade hike
- Choose from two different departure times
Saved to wishlist!
All caving equipment
Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be arranged via taxi with advance notice)
Transportation to/from attractions (transportation can be arranged via taxi with advance notice)
Departure & Return
129 Bow Meadows Crescent, Canmore, AB T1W 2W8, Canada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum numbers apply (minimum 2). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Caving is a moderately strenuous activity. Guests should be prepared to hike uphill for 30-40 minutes on a mountain trail, in addition to climbing, crawling, squeezing, and sliding through the cave. All participants must wear a helmet as well as a safety harness which has a maximum waist size of 45" (114 cm) and a maximum leg size of 33" (84 cm)
- Not recommended for pregnant women beyond their first trimester
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Canmore Caverns Ltd.
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Canmore Caving Adventure Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Canmore Caving Adventure Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Canmore Caving Adventure Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Canmore Caving Adventure Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Canmore Caving Adventure Tour
4 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 25 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes