- Full-day rail and coach trip from Dublin to Connemara and Galway
- Scenic drive through Connemara's magnificent scenery
- Seafood lunch overlooking Roundstone Harbor
- Clifden, Connemara's capital
- Stunning Kylemore Abbey
- Hosted train travel
- Information pack
- Friendly, professional tour guide
Departure & Return
Railtours Ireland Representatives will be waiting in the main concourse area of the station with your travel pack. They will be wearing bright yellow jackets so that they are easily located. Check in is 20 minutes prior to the departure time listed.
What To Expect
Meet your expert driver-guide at Galway rail station, and take a seat in your comfortable, air-conditioned coach or minivan for your scenic journey around the county of Galway and Connemara.
Have your camera ready and listen to the informative commentary as you head into western Galway and trace parts of one of Europe’s most spectacular coastal routes. Pass by steep cliffs, untouched beaches and sleepy villages, and visit the picture-perfect coastal towns of Roundstone and Clifden.
Stop for a seafood lunch (own expense) overlooking Roundstone harbor and drive through magnificent scenery to Kylemore Abbey, a 19th-century lakeside Benedictine abbey in Connemara famous for its romantic location and walled garden.
Venture further into Connemara, a region of rugged mountains, dark lakes and thatched villages hemmed by a stunning coastline. Drive by deserted coves and bays washed by the Atlantic Sea; stop for photos of remote peaks and valleys, and hear fascinating facts about the ancient, unspoiled landscapes around from your driver-guide. Later, return to Galway station to travel by rail back to Dublin, where your day trip ends when you leave your train in the late evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc.
- Due to operational reasons it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries.
- Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly however buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps onto the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- OPERATED BY Railtours Ireland First Class
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands