- Culinary walking tour of the Freret neighborhood in New Orleans
- All food tastings included as per itinerary
- Select alcoholic drinks included, and more available for purchase
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people or fewer
- Vegetarian options available upon request
Departure & Return
• Tour departs from the inside courtyard of Dat Dog Restaurant • Your guide will be holding an orange sign reading DK • Closest cross street is Jefferson Avenue four blocks from the streetcar line
Tour ends a few doors from starting location.
What To Expect
Stroll down the streets with your group of at most 12 people and take in the views: French-inspired architecture, sidewalk cafes, parks, and classic shotgun houses set the scene for casual Southern dining. Sample a variety of authentic New Orleans food like gumbo lagniappe, Natchez-style meat pies, and locally made gelato. Learn about each food’s origin and cultural significance from chefs, restaurant owners, and your guide as you go.
Conclude your tour at a James Beard award-winning bar beloved by locals. Some drinks are included, but you are welcome to purchase more at your own expense. When your guide leaves, feel free to stay and let the good times roll.
Please note: All guests must be 21 or older to participate and bring along a valid photo ID.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 21 years old
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private transportation may be arranged for a fee by calling supplier.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Destination Kitchen
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff