1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Experience New Orleans from a perspective rare to visitors on a carriage ride through the French Quarter. In addition to navigating for you, your guide tells anecdotes about the historic landmarks from Jackson Square to Bourbon Street. Booking a private tour ensures the itinerary is customized to your own interests, whether it be a food–themed tour or a quiet, romantic ride.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Your guide will be happy to accommodate special requests as time permits
Saved to wishlist!
1-Hour Carriage Ride through French Quarter
Private Carriage (Seats up to 4)
Fully Narrated Historic Tour of French Quarter and surrounding areas
Professional Licensed Tour Guide
Gratuities are not included but are recommended.
Snacks and beverages are not included but are allowed.
Alcoholic drinks are not included but can be purchased nearby.
Departure & Return
700 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Meet at the Yellow Umbrella in front of Jackson Square.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passengers with disabilities: If you are traveling with someone with limited mobility, please let us know in advance by calling (504) 943-8820 so that we can be prepared to assist him or her into the carriage. We may arrange for your carriage to board at a different location, where strollers, walkers, or wheelchairs can be left behind, and where we can provide assistance to those individuals.
- The Cemetery is Currently Closed Due to Covid -Cemetery: visit Saint Louis Cemetery #1 on all reservations booked between 9am-2pm with the exceptions of holidays and unannounced funerals. Once arrived at the cemetery, tour participants will be granted entry, receiving a private walking tour with her or her guide. The cemetery has lots of uneven and muddy surfaces that are not suitable for wheelchairs, strollers, or walkers.
- In favorable weather conditions, including rain. We ask that all tour participants please dress appropriately for this for the weather.
- This tour activity is subject to be canceled due to inclement weather such as flooding or lightning. By providing a contact cell phone number, we are then able to notify you immediately if there are any changes to your tour activity in regards to weather and or traffic conditions and provide you with the opportunity to reschedule to a better date or time.
- Adults over the age of 21 are allowed to consume alcoholic beverages onboard the carriage. Passengers who appear to be intoxicated will not be allowed to ride the carriage, for safety reasons. This is strictly enforced.
- Pictures are always allowed and encouraged on the carriage during your tour. Please feel free to share your mule-drawn pictures online with your friends. The personally curated tour is proprietary information of the carriage driver. Video filming is only allowed by first asking permission of your carriage driver.
- Tickets are non-refundable once a purchase is completed, and cannot be rescheduled. There are no refunds or reschedules for missed tour appointments. An example of a missed tour appointment is 5 minutes past the scheduled time.
- Near public transportation
- Carriages are deep cleaned
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Royal Carriages
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursHorseback RidingUnique ExperiencesCity ToursNature and WildlifeMarketsHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNew OrleansFood Tours - LouisianaHorseback Riding - LouisianaUnique Experiences - LouisianaCity Tours - LouisianaNature and Wildlife - LouisianaMarkets - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaFood Tours - Orange BeachHorseback Riding - Orange BeachUnique Experiences - Orange BeachCity Tours - Orange BeachNature and Wildlife - Orange BeachMarkets - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachFood Tours - DestinHorseback Riding - DestinUnique Experiences - DestinCity Tours - DestinNature and Wildlife - DestinMarkets - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinCategory
CabildoMagazine StreetJean Lafitte National Historical Park and PreserveOgden Museum of Southern ArtBackstreet Cultural MuseumLaura PlantationAudubon ParkNew Orleans City ParkMercedes-Benz SuperdomeLaLaurie MansionPreservation HallOld U.S. MintFaubourg MarignyMississippi RiverSt. Joseph PlantationLower Ninth WardWhitney Plantation MuseumCourt of Two SistersLafayette SquareMusical Legends Park