Don’t worry—here are some similar options
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See Oslo's top sights and attractions on a fascinating walking tour. Set out from City Hall―home of the Noble Peace Prize―to explore Norway's bustling capital, taking in such local landmarks as Parliament, the Royal Palace and the University of Oslo. Marvel at Akershus Fortress, wander through Aker Brugge―a revitalized waterfront area now home to a bevy of stores, bars and restaurants―and visit the Tjuvholmen District, a foodie haven that also boast numerous art galleries. Get expert tips on the best spots to drink, eat and shop in the area.
- The “Essential Oslo” walking tour
- Visit Oslo's primary sights and attractions while getting a lay of the local land
- See such landmarks as the Royal Palace and Akershus Fortress, overlooking Oslo Fjord
- Explore the vibrant waterfront districts of Aker Brugge and Tjuvholmen, home to shops, restaurants, and more
- Receive tips on where to find the best fish soup or browse for souvenirs
Saved to wishlist!
Professional certified guide
Departure & Return
Fridtjof Nansens plass 3, 0160 Oslo, Norway
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Nordiva Tours AS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Essential Oslo Private Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Essential Oslo Private Walking Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during The Essential Oslo Private Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Essential Oslo Private Walking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCity ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingOsloShore Excursions - StavangerCity Tours - StavangerWalking Tours - StavangerPorts of Call Tours - StavangerHalf-day Tours - StavangerShore Excursions - StreymoyCity Tours - StreymoyWalking Tours - StreymoyPorts of Call Tours - StreymoyHalf-day Tours - StreymoyShore Excursions - StockholmCity Tours - StockholmWalking Tours - StockholmPorts of Call Tours - StockholmHalf-day Tours - StockholmCategory
Port of Oslo (Oslo Havn)OslofjordMunch Museum (Munchmuseet)Oslo Cathedral (Oslo Domkirke)Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art (Astrup Fearnley Museet)Ibsen MuseumBygdøy PeninsulaKarl Johans GateOslo National Gallery (Nasjonalgalleriet)Oslo Opera House (Operahuset)Fram Museum (Frammuseet)Viking Ship Museum (Vikingskipshuset)Norwegian Museum of Cultural History (Norsk Folkemuseum)Holmenkollen Ski Jump