- Enjoy access to all areas of the Colosseum, including places normally off-limits
- Explore the Colosseum's underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged
- Visit the Roman Forum, walk up Palatine Hill and enjoy views of Nero's Circus Maximus
- Walk in the Gladiators' footsteps on the Arena floor
- An intimate experience with semi-private groups of up 10 people or fewer
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
For Tours Departing Before 4:30PM - At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". If arriving by metro: Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs within the metro station.
IMPORTANT: The meeting point is not at the Colosseum. The tour starts on the platform directly in front of Trajan’s Column, located on Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia. When standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument, it’s directly to the left across the street.
What To Expect
Inside, begin below ground to explore the Colosseum’s tunnels, chambers and pits. This section of the amphitheater is only open to a select number of visitors each day, so enjoy this exclusive chance to see more than most people do. While you walk through the underground passageways, listen to stories about the wild animals who were held down here and the Roman gladiators who prepared for their battles here.
Upon exiting the Colosseum, walk with your guide over to the Roman Forum, once the political heart of the city. Take in the sprawl of ancient ruins, and walk up Palatine Hill, once home to Ancient Rome’s wealthy residents, for a view of Circus Maximus, where chariot races took place. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street of Ancient Rome that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill.
Please note: The order of sites visited may be reversed during your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- WE ARE UANBLE TO ACCOMMODATE GUEST BELOW 6 YEARS OLD DUE TO VENUE SECURITY REASON FOR TOUR AFTER 5PM
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a PASSPORT OR VALID ID DOCUMENT IS MANDATORY to join this tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid document with you on tour. Passengers who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will be denied entry.
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "There is a lot of walking on uneven ground and climbing of stairs so wear comfy shoes for sure." See review
- "Take water and ensure you go to toilet before you start as it's quite a way into the tour before a toilet break." See review
- "Take a water bottle and aome snacks as you will not get a chance to stop and get these." See review