Explore our promoted experiences
- Berlin Jewish history tour with a private guide and transport from Warnemünde Port
- Enjoy a full-day shore excursion to Berlin and explore the history-steeped neighborhood of Mitte
- Learn how Berlin’s Jewish community has changed from the 1920s
- See Berlin’s Jewish sights such as the Holocaust Memorial, Otto Weidt’s Workshop for the Blind and the New Synagogue
- Customize the itinerary to see the sights that interest you most
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Begin your flexible, easily-customized, trip by heading to a sight like Charlottenburg Palace. Admire the 17th-century architecture of this royal estate, the largest in Berlin. You might then proceed to Grünewald Station, where you can explore Track 17, a memorial which commemorates the site used for the deportation of many Jews from the city.
Continue your trip at Berlin’s Holocaust Memorial, allowing you to pay your respects to the 6 million Jews who died during World War II. Your guide will share insights into the history of Berlin’s Jewish community both before, and after, the rise of the Nazis.
You’ll proceed next to the Mitte neighborhood, home to a variety of Jewish-themed attractions. Discover the site of Berlin’s first synagogue before visiting the workshop of Otto Weidt, an individual sometimes referred to as the ‘Schindler of Berlin’ for his work assisting the city’s Jews. Then check out the architecture of the New Synagogue, a site nearly destroyed during the war, and see Berlin’s first Jewish cemetery.
Take a break for lunch (at your own expense) before choosing to stick with your guide or explore on your own. Two potential options are the Topography of Terror Exhibition or the Jewish Museum. Among the many fascinating exhibits you might explore are showcases of Jewish artifacts and a feature on the daily lives of German Jews throughout history, spanning from the Middle Ages to modern times.
At an agreed-upon time, you’ll return to your vehicle with your guide and complete the drive back to Warnemünde Port.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Warnemünde Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please list any special interests you have at time of booking under 'Special Requirements' to alert our guide, so they can prepare for your private tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms