3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in the many wonders of the Hermitage with a 3-hour private tour. The six-building St Petersburg complex is both one of the world's largest museums and houses the largest collection of paintings on the planet. Visit the works that most appeal to your preference. See paintings by Goya, Rembrandt and Monet, marvel at da Vinci's 15th-century Madonna and marvel at ornate rooms decorated in symbols of Russian Imperialism. Also, learned how this vast collection survived the atrocities of WWII.
- Private tour of the Hermitage Museum
- Enjoy a guided visit to one of the largest museums on the planet
- See incredible works by da Vinci, Monet, van Gogh and Michelangelo
- Marvel at the grand halls and ornate rooms decorated with marble, malachite and gilded mirrors
- Learn the story of how this massive collection of artworks survived World War II
Saved to wishlist!
Professional private guide service
Transfer to the museum by taxi (if hotel is located 2 km and more away from the museum)
Escort to the museum by company representative
Hotel drop-off (available at extra fee)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not available for cruise ship passengers
- You may stay inside the museum after this tour is over. You can't leave the museum and come back using the same tickets.
- Please note the visit to the Hermitage does not include the collection of impressionists and post-impressionists which moved to the new General Staff building.
- This is a private tour and will be catered only to your group.
- Transfer to the museum which will be done by taxi is included and can be organized only if your hotel is located in the city center of St Petersburg (2-5 km away from the museum). For the guests who are not staying in a hotel or staying in a hotel which is more than 5 km from the city center, the meeting place must be negotiated with a Supplier.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour includes a wait in line before visiting the palace (museum) and an itinerary on foot
- 2 starting times available: 10:30am, 2pm
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes. It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museums at the same time.
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 2 days before the tour
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Horosho
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour of the Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursBus ToursCity ToursCity PackagesWalking ToursHistorical ToursAttractions & MuseumsPackages & Special EventsHalf-day ToursMuseum Tickets & PassesWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeSightseeing Tickets & PassesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSt PetersburgSkip-the-Line Tours - HelsinkiBus Tours - HelsinkiCity Tours - HelsinkiCity Packages - HelsinkiWalking Tours - HelsinkiHistorical Tours - HelsinkiAttractions & Museums - HelsinkiPackages & Special Events - HelsinkiHalf-day Tours - HelsinkiMuseum Tickets & Passes - HelsinkiSkip-the-Line Tours - TallinnBus Tours - TallinnCity Tours - TallinnCity Packages - TallinnWalking Tours - TallinnHistorical Tours - TallinnAttractions & Museums - TallinnPackages & Special Events - TallinnHalf-day Tours - TallinnMuseum Tickets & Passes - TallinnSkip-the-Line Tours - RigaBus Tours - RigaCity Tours - RigaCity Packages - RigaWalking Tours - RigaHistorical Tours - RigaAttractions & Museums - RigaPackages & Special Events - RigaHalf-day Tours - RigaMuseum Tickets & Passes - RigaCategory
Gatchina Palace Tours & TicketsPeter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (Kunstkamera) Tours & TicketsNeva River (Reka Neva) Tours & TicketsAnichkov Palace Tours & TicketsNevsky Prospekt Tours & TicketsYusupov Palace (Yusupovsky Dvorets) Tours & TicketsValaam Monastery Tours & TicketsMariinsky Theatre Tours & TicketsCentral Naval Museum Tours & TicketsMonument to Catherine II (Pamyatnik Ekaterina II) Tours & TicketsRussian Museum of Ethnography Tours & TicketsConstantine Palace Tours & TicketsPeter and Paul Cathedral (Petropavlovskiy Sobor) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Soviet Arcade Machines Tours & TicketsNikolaevsky Palace Tours & TicketsThe Anna Akhmatova Museum Tours & TicketsDivo Ostrov Tours & TicketsSt. Petersburg Planetarium (Sankt-Peterburgskiy Planetariy) Tours & TicketsLeningrad Zoo St. Petersburg Tours & TicketsPlanet Neptune Oceanarium Tours & Tickets