- Experience the best of St. Petersburg on a 2-day shore excursion
- Avoid the hassles of applying for a visa with this service
- Upgrade to add activities like a visit to see the famous Faberge eggs
- A small group ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
After pickup from your port, begin with a St. Petersburg orientation. See the major sites and historical attractions with a tour around the city center, and enjoy plenty of photo opportunities; entrance fees are included.
Visit St. Isaac’s Cathedral with its colossal dome, see the Winter Palace, and marvel at the rich decor of the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Follow your guide inside the Hermitage Museum, one of the world's most prestigious museums, with more than three million works of art. The tour includes the spectacular state and private rooms, with time to grab lunch at one of the nearby cafes.
Afterward, hop aboard your canal cruise along the picturesque Nevan River.
In the evening, choose to return to your ship or use your extension to see the city after dark. Explore or dine out independently, or sign on for optional evening activities (available for an extra fee), including a visit to the Faberge Museum, a pub crawl, a visit to the ballet, or a guided walking tour.
Day 2: St. Petersburg
After a morning pickup from the port, venture just beyond the city limits to the delightful, small town of Pushkin. Explore Catherine Palace, admiring the stunning facade and palace grounds. Your tour will visit all the major halls and private rooms, and a particular highlight is the Amber Room.
After a break for lunch, take a drive to Peterhof, a seafront palace complex that’s famous for its sprawling gardens and many fountains, built to rival Versailles in France. Peter the Great designed the 300-acre landscape, and you'll stroll through the lower park.
Returning to St. Petersburg, go for a ride on the Metro, an attraction in itself, famous for its baroque design. The tour concludes when you’re dropped off at your cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name and arrival date
- Passport name, number, expiration and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not suitable for participants with restricted mobility, and walkers or wheelchairs are not permitted
- This tour is quite intensive and a reasonable amount of walking is involved
- This tour is only suitable for passengers staying in port for at least two days
- Please note: This tour is visa-free for cruise passengers only and is not suited to land travelers who will be required to attend to their own visa arrangements
- In the rare event that a tour does not return before the embarkation time, the group members will be transported directly to the next port of call to rejoin the cruise at no additional cost
- Three-day advanced booking is required with complete passport details, including date of birth for each member in your party. If you book closer to the time, a Russian visa is required to disembark from your ship.
- Tour is a guaranteed departure; no minimum booking numbers are required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tickets and Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It would be helpful to develop a 10-page need-to-know summary of Russian cultural and political history that would serve as a basic knowledge base for people on this tour and probably others as well." See review