- Small-group day trip to Salzburg from Vienna
- Travel the scenic back-roads of the Lake Region, visiting Lake Attersee and the “Mozart village” of St. Gilgen
- Take a walking tour of Salzburg Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit filming locations from 'The Sound of Music' including the gardens of Mirabell Palace
- Small-group tour limited to eight ensures a more personalized experience
- Enjoy free time to shop, eat and stroll in Salzburg Old Town
Departure & Return
Your driver is waiting for you right in front of Tourist-Info Wien. Your taxi ride to the meeting point will be reimbursed when showing a valid receipt (max. 12 euros per person).
Hotel drop-off is included for central Vienna hotels (postcodes 1010 to 1090).
What To Expect
Enjoy the stunning landscape along the way, with the Austrian Alps in the distance. Benefit from the intimate group size, allowing your guide to dedicate time to each and every guest. Pass the Vienna Woods, the historic Melk Abbey and stretch your legs at a café to purchase coffee and strudel, if you wish.
Journey through the lake region of Salzkammergut, home to charming villages and Alpine lakes, using the scenic back-roads whenever possible.
Pause to admire crystal-clear Lake Attersee and visit the quaint lakeside village of St.Gilgen, best known for its appearance in 'The Sound of Music.'
Arrive in Salzburg, where you embark on a leisurely walking tour of the city’s UNESCO-listed Old Town, led by a local guide. See the Mirabell Palace and Gardens, Mozart’s Birthplace, and the Salzburg Cathedral, and learn the history behind each architectural gem as you go. Spend the afternoon in Salzburg with plenty of free time to purchase lunch and wander Mozart town on your own before making the journey back to Vienna with your driver. Hotel drop-off is included for central Vienna hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Your taxi ride will be reimbursed when showing a valid receipt (max. 12 euros per person)
- Please note: tour includes hotel drop-off for central Vienna hotels (postcodes 1010 to 1090). Please specify under special requirements at time of check-out
- Guaranteed departure with a minimum of 2 people.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vienna a la carte Reisebuero GmbH
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "This day trip is long, and you spend a lot of time on the minibus, but that said, it is a good way to see Salzburg if you have limited time in Asutria." See review