8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
The Lake District is considered among the most spell-bindingly beautiful corners of the British countryside, but organizing transportation to explore solo takes up valuable sightseeing time. On this tour, spin through the Lake District with your private guide at the wheel, and reach must-see sites including Blea Tarn, Hardknott Roman Fort, and Wastwater Lake in comfort. Along the way, admire uninterrupted views from Wrynose Pass and the Eskdale railway line.
- See the best of the beautiful Lake District on this sightseeing tour
- Save time and effort organizing transportation independently
- Panoramic views over the beautiful countryside scenery
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your South Lakes accommodation
Saved to wishlist!
Includes a train ride on Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
Full commentary from your driver guide
Luxury Mercedes Vehicle
Entrance to Muncaster Castle Gardens
Lunch and refreshments.
Departure & Return
Victoria St, Windermere LA23 1AD, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour Type
- This tour is a guided scenic mini-coach tour, but there are times when you will have the option to walk up to a few hundred metres to take in a view or point of interest.
- You have the opportunity to purchase food & refreshments during the tour. During this tour we will stop either at a traditional Lakeland Pub or local caf
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
- Due to train timetabling we cannot guarantee the type of engine which will be used during your journey.
- Within your tour price you receive entry to Muncaster Castle Grounds. Entry to the Castle itself is an additional cost, payable direct to the attraction on the day. Please note Castle opening times vary and may not coincide with the tour.
- We suggest you wear comfortable and sensible footwear, we also recommend bringing a light raincoat.
- We are happy to accept assistance dogs only on this tour. Please contact us to advise us in advance.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY The Mountain Goat
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Hire - The High Adventure Tour
8 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingWindermereBus Tours - Lake DistrictFull-day Tours - Lake DistrictCategory