- Full-day trip from Zurich to Jungfraujoch, known as the Top of Europe
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Switzerland's magnificent Bernese Oberland
- Ride a cogwheel railway through the Swiss Alps from Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch
- Take in a jaw-dropping Alpine panorama from Europe's highest railway station
- Walk through the heart of a glacier at the Ice Palace
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Sihlquai Bus Terminal is located 200 meters behind Zurich-HB (central Station) just opposite street Starbucks Coffee Shop you will find on the first parking lot our little blue/wooden Trailer which serves as our Sales Kiosk. There you please meet our supervisor and register for the tour.
What To Expect
The 50-minute train ride winds through the Kleine Scheidegg mountain pass in the Burnese Alps. Upon arrival at Jungfraujoch, situated at an elevation of 11,333 feet, disembark at the Top of Europe and head to the Alpine Sensation—a round-tour subway opened to mark the centenary of the Jungfrau Railway.
Head to the Ice Palace for a glacier walk and stop at the Sphinx Observatory for sweeping views of Europe's longest glacier: Aletsch Glacier. From viewing platforms, enjoy a 360-degree panorama of this winter wonderland draped in a breathtaking display of ice and snow. On a clear day, look beyond to the mountain peaks of neighboring Italy and France.
If you wish, purchase a snack or warm drink at the on-site restaurant (own expense) before the return cogwheel train ride down to Lauterbrunnen, where your coach awaits. Relax on the drive back to Zurich, arriving at the bus terminal in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hans Meier Tourist
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The mountain gets cold so make sure you bring a ski jacket, beanie and gloves (some people did not and looked very cold)." See review
- "The Ice palace needs shoes with grooves as it is somewhat slippery." See review
- "Do not take sealed food on top as it blows up in your bag due to the pressure." See review